The Continuum Associates (CA) team bring decades of experience in advanced grid modeling, grid studies, and advanced analytics across various ISOs, RTOs, Grid Operators, and T&D footprints in the US and Canada.
Additionally, we have provided similar services to T&D grid companies, utilities and power project developers in over 15 countries. Our advanced grid studies and analytics have formed the basis of solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing our clients and the strategic decisions that they have pursued. If we can quantitatively and analytically prove it, it can be done.
The CA team specializes in the following advanced grid studies and analysis:
- Transmission and distribution planning studies
- Grid operations studies
- Power Equipment Models for transient stability, electromagnetic transient, short circuit, and steady state models. We provide ongoing support for all models that we have developed to equipment manufacturers and end users
- Detailed modeling and assessment for emerging grid technologies such as grid-scale and behind-the-meter energy storage and distributed energy storage
- Generator Interconnection Studies, including feasibility studies, system impact studies, and facility studies
- Long Term Master Plan Development for transmission and generation, and grid expansion
- Competitive and regulated (FERC Order 1000) and merchant transmission development
- Production Cost Modeling and LMP assessment due to impact of variety of factors such as generation and transmission development and buildout, change in fuel prices, variation in load and load dynamics, impact of renewables and distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Assessment and study of Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) devices and High Voltage DC Transmission on the electric power grid
- Congestion assessment and mitigation, and market efficiency studies
Case studies for our projects and studies completed as part of Advanced Grid Studies and Analysis can be found in the Case Studies